Whats the meaning of athanasia?Asked by: Mr. Tobin Towne
Score: 4.2/5 (74 votes)
a-thana-sia, ath(a)-nasia. Origin:Greek. Popularity:15745. Meaning:eternal life.View full answer
Likewise, people ask, What kind of name is Athanasia?
What is the meaning of the name Athanasia? The name Athanasia is primarily a female name of German origin that means Immortal. Feminine form of the name Athanasius.
Also question is, Is Athanasia a Greek name?. Athanasios (Greek: Αθανάσιος), also transliterated as Athnasious, Athanase or Atanacio, is a Greek male name which means "immortal". ... The female version of the name is Athanasia (Greek: Αθανασία), shortened to Sia (Σία) or Nancy (Νάνσυ) / Nassia.
Similarly, it is asked, How do you pronounce Athanasia in Greek?
- Phonetic spelling of Athanasia. aa-THaaNAA-Siy-aa. athana-si-a. ...
- Meanings for Athanasia. It is a Greek feminine name. Eternal life. ...
- Examples of in a sentence. Andronicus & his wife Athanasia of Egypt. ...
- Translations of Athanasia. Russian : Афанасия
Where is the name Athanasia from?
In Greek Baby Names the meaning of the name Athanasia is: Immortal.
In Greek Baby Names the meaning of the name Kostas is: Steady; stable.
Lucas is the Latin derivation of the Greek name Loukas. ... This makes sense, since, Lucas means "bringer of light" in Latin. Origin: Greek, Latin. Gender: Lucas is a Latin, masculine-given name (from the verb "lucere"). Feminine variations such as Lucille, Luciana, and Lucia are common.
Mayfly–December Romance: A downplayed example. By the time the novel ends, Athanasia is 18 years old though she has mentally lived multiple lifetimes. Lucas is thousand of years older than her.
- Bela - Hebrew, “destruction”
- Brone/Brona - Irish, “sorrowful”
- Jela - African, meaning “father suffered during birth”
- Kritanta - Indian, “god of death”
- Loki - Scandinavian, “trickster god” from Norse mythology.
- Orion - Greek, from the Orion constellation, means “limit or boundary”
- Adore. Adore means "to love" or "to worship" or "loved child," depending on which language you are drawing from. ...
- Ahava. Ahava is a lovely and uncommon Biblical name meaning "love" that is derived from Hebrew. ...
- Amia. ...
- Cara. ...
- Carys. ...
- Esme. ...
- Femi. ...
1. Aoife. Aoife in Hebrew means life and in Irish it means 'one who gives life', it is also the Irish form of Eve, one of the earliest names in human evolution.
Etymology and origins
Its original Greek form, Georgios, is based on the Greek word georgos (γεωργός) 'farmer'. The word georgos itself is ultimately a combination of two Greek words: ge (γῆ) 'earth, soil' and ergon (ἔργον) 'work'.
Costas or Kostas (Greek: Κώστας) is a Greek given name and surname. As a given name it is the hypocorism for Konstantinos (Constantine).
Well, the whole thing is Achille-Claude Debussy, pronounced Uh-SHEEL Klode Duh-bew-SEE.
- Adora: This name comes from several languages (Greek, Old German and Latin) and means “a gift, beloved”
- Aeronwen: This name with Welsh roots means “fair, blessed”
- Aldora: This gorgeous Greek name means “winged gift”
- Anjali: From Sanskrit, this means “gift, offering”
Baby Girl Name: Bithiah. Meaning: Daughter of God. Origin: Hebrew.
- Arachna. Spider Woman.
- Banshee. Screaming Spirit.
- Barnabas. First name of vampire from TV show (soon to be movie) "Dark Shadows"
- Beelzebub. Another name for Devil.
- Betelgeuse. Scary spirit - don't say it 3 times!
- Blair. From the movie The Blair Witch Project.
- Bloody Mary. Ghost Legend.
- Blackbeard. Pirate Ghost.