What is another word for hideousness?Asked by: Magnus Hackett
Score: 4.7/5 (60 votes)
View full answer
Just so, Is hideousness a word?
The quality or condition of being ugly: ugliness, unsightliness.
Correspondingly, What does hideousness mean?. 1 : offensive to the senses and especially to sight : exceedingly ugly hideous furniture The dress looked hideous on her. 2 : morally offensive : shocking a hideous crime.
Similarly one may ask, What is the best synonym for hideous?
What does Eman mean?
e-man. Origin:Arabic. Popularity:4441. Meaning:belief, faith.
Opposite of faith or trust in the reality of something. doubt. faithlessness.
Hideous is a word that means extremely ugly. ... This is a strong word.
1 : serving or able to repulse repulsive force. 2 : tending to repel or reject : cold, forbidding. 3 : arousing aversion or disgust repulsive crimes.
1300, "terrifying, horrible, dreadful," from Anglo-French hidous, Old French hideus, earlier hisdos "hideous, horrible, awful, frightening" (11c.; Modern French hideux), from hisda "horror, fear," perhaps of Germanic origin.
If you say that someone or something is hideous, you mean that they are very ugly or unattractive. She saw a hideous face at the window and screamed. ...
1. hideous. The adjective hideous means extremely ugly (opposite of beautiful). It can also be used to describe things that are morally shocking or offensive.
hideous. Synonyms: frightful, unshapely, monstrous, horrid, horrible, ugly, grisly, grim, ghastly. Antonyms: graceful, beautiful, captivating, attractive.
Full Definition of synonym
1 : one of two or more words or expressions of the same language that have the same or nearly the same meaning in some or all senses. 2a : a word or phrase that by association is held to embody something (such as a concept or quality) a tyrant whose name has become a synonym for oppression.
hideosity. (uncountable) The state or condition of being hideous; extreme ugliness. (countable) Something hideous.
If you describe something or someone as repulsive, you mean that they are horrible and disgusting and you want to avoid them.
The tension does not pull things together because it is equal on the opposite sides of any given region and so as a force in its own right it cancels out. However the contribution to gravity associated with it does not cancel out, and is always repulsive.
1 causing or occasioning repugnance; loathsome; disgusting or distasteful.
- Belief in the existence and unicity of Allah.
- Belief in the existence of Angels.
- Belief in the books of Allah.
- Belief in Allah's messengers and that Muhammad is the last of them.
- Belief in the Day of Judgment.
- Belief in the Qadhaa' & Qadr (Doom & Divine Decree)
- 1 Belief in the Oneness of God. ...
- 2 Belief in the Angels of God. ...
- 3 Belief in the Revelations (Books) of God. ...
- 4 Belief in the Prophets of God. ...
- 5 Belief in the Day of Judgment. ...
- 6 Belief in Premeasurement (Qadar) ...
- 7 Belief in Resurrection after Death.
- Belief in Allah as the one and only God.
- Belief in angels.
- Belief in the holy books.
- Belief in the Prophets... e.g. Adam, Ibrahim (Abraham), Musa (Moses), Dawud (David), Isa (Jesus). ...
- Belief in the Day of Judgement... ...
- Belief in Predestination...
The name Eman is primarily a female name of Arabic origin that means Faith.
Eman is a unisex name of separate origins. It can be a variant of the unisex name Iman, which is of Arabic origin and is said to mean 'faith'.